BioniX Wallpaper Changer
Sending a bug report
In order to give you a solution we need to understand your problem. Therefore, sending a detailed description of your problem helps us to help you. Sending a message like "the software is not working" will take us nowhere.
You need to include the information listed below. Without the information below we cannot understand the problem.
- Product name (yes we have more than one product)
- Exact product version (Example v.8.20.1)
- Windows platform you are using (for example: Windows XP 32 bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, etc)
- Screenshot of the error message (it MUST be full screen nut just a crop).
- Description of what you did at the moment when the error appeared
- Steps to reproduce the problem (please explain systematically what we should do to recreate the problem in our computers)
- Description of the problem, exact error message and screenshots
(lots of screenshots)
- If the problem appears with a specific image please also send the image
The following data will also help us with the identification of the problem. BioniX Wallpaper Changer already provides this info the 'System Log' tab:
* The folder where BioniX is installed. For example: C:\Program Files\BioniX Wallpaper
* Monitor(s) configuration and resolution
* Optional: Your BioniX settings file (INI file)
When ready send the report to us. When you have all above info please submit the bug report here.
- If you have multiple issues, please send multiple emails (one per email).
- Usually we answer within 24 hours. If you don't receive an answer please check if you provided all information requested. Also make sure your issue is falls indeed into the 'bug report' category and not into the Support
- Use the 'Print Screen' key to take a screenshot, then paste the screenshot directly into your email client.
- IF possible compress all data before sending it (WinRAR is better than ZIP)
- If the problem is complex, we might ask you to also export this key from your registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]. This is where settings about your desktop are stored. If do not know how to export a registry key, please
look at the small tutorial below.
To export all or part of the registry to a text file
- Open Registry Editor
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In File name, enter a name for the registry file.
- Under Export range, do one of the following:
- To back up (export) the entire registry, click All.
- To back up (export) only a particular branch of the registry tree, click Selected branch and enter the name of the branch you want to export.
- Click Save. The file extension for the saved file will be '.reg'
• Working with the registry is not dangerous as long as you don't edit (modify) the keys
• Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
• To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type , and then click OK.
• You can use a text editor like Notepad to work with the registry files you create by exporting.
• You can save registry files in the Windows format, in the format used in Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT 4.0, as binary hive files, or as text files. Registry files are saved with .reg extensions, and text files are saved with .txt extensions.
• In Windows Explorer, double-clicking a file with the .reg extension imports the file into the computer's registry.