Submit a bug report to get a free license!
In order to give you a solution we need to understand your problem. Therefore, sending a detailed description of your problem helps us to help you. Sending a message like "the software is not working" will take us nowhere. For your help, we will give you a discount
of a FREE license key.
Automatic bug reporting
BioniX Wallpaper has a built-in bug report generator. When a crash occurs BioniX Wallpaper will automatically generate a bug report and will ask for your permission to send it via email. Before sending the bug report the program will ask you the steps
to reproduce the error! Don't forget to also write down your email address so you can get your free license.
Steps to reproduce the problem
Please explain what we should do to systematically recreate the problem in our computers.
More exactly we need to know which buttons to push, in which order to make the program crash exactly as it crashes in your computer.
Example of 'Steps to reproduce':
1) Start BioniX v9.110
2) Click any image in playlist
3) Press Ctrl+Delete to delete the image
4) BioniX crashes with the message: "Access violation at address @430000"
The error can be reproduced on demand with any playlist / any images in the playlist.
If the error you encounter is a one-time occurrence or you cannot reproduce it, the you can still send a bug report for it but remember: 'Steps to reproduce' is the most crucial piece of information. Without it we might not be able to understand the problem.
Sending a bug report manually
In some cases (user has no email client installed, firewall blocks BioniX, etc) it won't be able to submit the bug report. In this case please emails us the information listed below.
- Product name (yes we have more than one product)
- Exact product version (Example v9.20.1)
- Windows platform you are using (for example: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, etc)
- Screenshot of the error message (it MUST be full screen nut just a crop).
- Description of what you did at the moment when the error appeared
- Steps to reproduce the problem!!
- Description of the problem, exact error message and screenshots
(lots of screenshots)
- If the problem appears with a specific image please also send the image
BioniX Wallpaper Changer already provides this info the 'System Log' tab:
* The folder where BioniX is installed. For example: C:\Program Files\BioniX Wallpaper
* Monitor(s) configuration and resolution
* Optionally we may ask for: Your BioniX settings file (INI file), the playlist file, the wallpaper (jpg, gif) that generated the problem (IF the problem is related to a specific wallpaper).
When ready submit the bug report at this address: issuebionixwallpaper.com
- If you have multiple issues, please send multiple emails (one per email).
- Usually we answer within 24 hours. If you don't receive an answer please check if you provided all information requested. Also make sure your issue is falls indeed into the 'bug report' category and not into the Support
- Use the 'Print Screen' key to take a screenshot, then paste the screenshot directly into your email client.
- If the problem is complex, we might ask you to also export this key from your registry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]. This is where settings about your desktop are stored. If do not know how to export a registry key, please
look at the small tutorial below.
Free license key
We will provide a free license if your feedback help us to locate and fix a bug.
The rules are:
* Only submit bug reports for the latest version of BioniX to make sure you don't submit a report for a bug that was already fixed.
* First in, first served - First user that submits a bug gets the free license. The rest get a discount.
* It is enough to submit the bug report, but also the 'Steps to reproduce the bug'.
If the bug was fixed due to your feedback, your name will appear next to the bug, in the Release history document. The license key will be sent via email as soon as the 'Release
history' doc is updated.