Change wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter edition
In this article we will show you step by step how to modify the registry to change the wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter.
In case you have no experience at all with the registry, you may want to back up your registry before you modify it. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system.
||Instead of complex procedure below you can try BioniX Background Switcher. It will change the wallpaper at any time interval you choose from one second to 60 hours with a single mouse click.
Modify the registry step by step procedure:
- Open regedit (or Registry Editor). To open it go to Start menu and type regedit in the search box)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ folder and click on it
- On the right hand side find the key named wallpaper and double click on it. There you need to enter the full path of the picture you want to set as your new wallpaper (example for path C:\Users\Alex\Pictures\new_wallpaper.jpg)
- Right click on the Desktop folder in regedit and click Permissions then click Advanced
- Go to Owner tab, highlight your name in the box that says Change owner to (there are only two choices: your user name or Administrator). Once your user name is highlighted you need to click OK
- Click on Advanced again
- Uncheck the box that reads Include inheritable permissions from the object’s parent and click Remove when prompted
- Click Add
- Type Everyone and click OK
- Check Allow Read Control and click OK
- Click OK again
- Highlight Everyone and check to Allow Read and click OK
- Restart your computer and enjoy your new wallpaper.
Things about wallpapers
The best file format for wallpapers
Debunking the DPI myth
Different wallpapers on each monitor
How to open WB1 Webshots files with BioniX
Different playlist for each monitor
How to change the wallpaper on Windows
Download photos from Flickr without a Flickr account
Wallpapers for dual-monitor system
©Bionix Desktop Background Switcher